Sunday, October 31, 2010
People who are fed up with the bigotry, racism and mob-violence mentality came from all over the country to support the non-political rally that was mostly musical and comedic in nature, with a serious plea for sanity from Jon at the rally's end.
Some of the more amusing signs (taken from the Huffington Post):
They claim they're not racist, but for 2 years we've seen hundreds of their disgusting, racist signs at rallies all over the country.
They claim they're not violent, but we've seen
- rented goons assaulting and illegally detaining a reporter at a Joe Miller (Republican Teabagger Candidate) rally in Alaska
- Carl Palladino (Republican Teabagger Candidate) threatening to "take out" a NY Post reporter
- Sharron Angle (Republican Teabagger Candidate) claiming we need "Second Amendment remedies" -- bullets -- to use on duly-elected members of Congress
- Rand Paul's (Republican Teabagger Candidate) campaign workers gang up on a young woman with the "wrong" opinion, wrestle her to the ground and stomp on her shoulders and head -- video above
- Half-term governor Sarah Palin (Republican Teabagger Candidate) circulating maps with gun sites over Democratically controlled districts
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
You have to hate the president, be middle aged, angry, white, insecure, turn your back on science, have a disdain for education, and have a deep-seated hostility toward Hispanics, women, gays and blacks to be a so-called American by this fringe rightwing group.
Look at their leaders..
- Sharron Angle, who looks to "Second Amendment remedies" (shooting) Congressmen who Teabaggers disagree with
- Ron Paul's crazy son "Rand" who is against Civil Rights Legislation
- Mr Morality, Carl Paladino, a homophobe who claims gays are "disgusting" while he raises 2 sets of kids with his wife and mistress, sends out racist emails, and threatens the life of a NY Post reporter with cameras rolling
- Christine O'Donnell, who was a witch, thinks there are mice-people running around, wonders why monkeys don't turn into humans right before our eyes, has weird sexual hangups, and believes she has secret information on China's plan to take over America
- Rich Iott, who likes to dress up like a NAZI
- They all want to CHANGE the First Amendment to preclude a legal Muslim cultural center from being built 2 blocks away from Ground Zero
- They want to CHANGE the 14 Amendment to exclude Mexican babies from being US citizens when born here like everybody else
- the whole bunch of them oppose a woman's right to an abortion even in the case of incest and rape
THESE ARE THE CRAZY PEOPLE.
They have taken over the Republican party. They may seem funny, but if they regain the majority in Congress, they will undo all the progress made since they were kicked out. That means Health Care Reforms disappear, and insurance companies will once again be able to drop anyone who gets sick or refuse to cover anyone with pre-existing conditions. It means deregulation of the financial industry which caused the economic meltdown in the first place. And it means a return to all the UNCONSTITUTIONAL antics of the previous administration, like
- illegally spying on US citizens without a warrant
- illegally waging war against a country that never attacked us
- illegally outing a CIA officer during wartime
- lowering the USA to the level of Iran with illegal torture
Send a link to this blog post to everyone you think might even be considering voting for a Regressive Republican on Nov 2.
PRIVATE FIRMS ADDED 64,000 jobs last month. That's good news also. Instead of continuing the Bush/Cheney tradition of losing 750,000 jobs a month like at the height of the recession (quarter 4 of 2008) we are now gaining back jobs in the all-important private sector.
Friday, October 1, 2010
News Corp., the parent company of Fox News, contributed $1 million this summer to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the business lobby that has been running an aggressive campaign in support of the Republican effort to retake Congress. It was the second $1 million contribution the company has made this election cycle to a GOP-aligned group. In late June it gave that amount to the Republican Governors Association.