Sunday, May 2, 2010

White House Correspondents Dinner

President Barack Obama was very funny last night. Jay Leno, not so much. The President's biggest lines included:
  • I wasn't sure I should actually come tonight. Biden talked me into it. He leaned over and he said, 'Mr President, this is no ordinary dinner. This is a big (bleep)ing meal.'
  • It's been a year of ups and downs, except for my approval ratings which have just gone down. But that's politics. It doesn't bother me. Besides I happen to know my approval ratings are still very high in the country of my birth.
  • Though I am glad to see the only person whose ratings fell more than mine is here tonight. Great to see you, Jay.
  • I'm also glad that I'm speaking first, because we've all seen what happens when somebody takes the time slot after Leno's.
  • John McCain couldn't be here tonight. Recently he claimed that he had never identified himself as a maverick. And we all know what happens in Arizona when you don't have I.D. Adios, amigos.
Enjoy the video if you missed the live coverage last night. You may want to save time and stop before Jay begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment