What's in this new "pledge"?
"Cut spending, slash taxes," blah blah blah. Cut what, exactly? Who knows. Their plan doesn't say. But they do say the first thing they want to do is eliminate the new Health Care Reforms that went into effect today.
As of today, 9/23/10, insurance companies
- can no longer drop children because of pre-existing conditions
- cannot cancel your coverage if you get sick
- must allow young adults (up to age 26) to be covered on their parents' health care plan
- cannot deny your right to no-cost preventative care. That means you won't have to pay out of pocket to go and get a flu shot, physical, or a mammogram
- must rescind lifetime limits on coverage