Yes, that Dick Cheney.
The one who was wrong about everything during the Cheney/Bush Administration. Some of his more memorable lies and stupid quotes:
- "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators [in Iraq]." --March 16, 2003
- "We know [Saddam Hussein's] been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." --March 16, 2003
- "In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. He gave support to terrorists, had an established relationship with al Qaeda" --November 7, 2003
- "I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." -- on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005
- "Go fuck yourself." --to Sen. Patrick Leahy, during an angry exchange on the Senate floor about profiteering by Halliburton, June 25, 2004
- "I had other priorities in the sixties than military service." –on his five draft deferments, April 5, 1989
- "On the question of so-called 'torture,' we don't do torture, we never have. It's not something that this administration subscribes to."
Sitting in a chair that resembles Archie Bunker's, this guy, who lied us into the war and occupation of Iraq and failed to keep the US safe against the worst 4 terrorist attacks in American history on 9/11, has recently called President Obama "an unmitigated disaster."
Yes, apparently it's "disastrous" to
- end the 9 year occupation of Iraq;
- stop the loss of 750,000 jobs a month and bring the US 25 months of positive job growth;
- end institutionalized discrimination in the armed services;
- sign the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act;
- kill Osama Bin Laden;
- assist in killing Muammar Khadaffy;
- save General Motors and millions of connected jobs
- pass health care reform
- sign credit card reforms enacting consumer protections.