McCain promoted US intervention in Iran, Syria and three or four other Mideast Muslim countries that we haven't already attacked or occupied. Great. Just what the doctor ordered: take what's left of the US military, spread it thinner than it already is, spend more trillions, and piss off more Muslims around the world. Pure genius.
Really, John? Have you and your fellow Regressives learned nothing in the last ten years? Do we really want Willard Romney and the Kill Medicare Guy, who have no military expertise or experience at all, getting us bogged down in yet another war of choice that the Regressives seem to thrive on?
Next, Paul Ryan, the Kill Medicare Guy -- and Willard's choice to be vice president -- stood at the mic and lied. Big lies and bigger lies. Huge lies. Lies that never seemed to end. Lies that were pulled out of a magical, bottomless bag of lies.
A few examples from Lyin' Ryan:
- He accused President Obama of “raiding” Medicare by taking the exact same $716 billion that Ryan and the House GOP notoriously voted to slash. It was stunning. Fact is the President is cutting only three things from Medicare: waste, fraud, and overpayment. The money saved does not cut Medicare services. Rather, the savings are put back into Medicare, with free flu shots, cancer screenings, and other preventive measures. Lyin' Ryan's plan cuts $716 billion and transfers it into further tax breaks for millionaires.
- He attacked Obama for failing to keep open a Janesville GM plant that closed a full month before he even took office -- it closed under Bush in December 2008.
- He blamed President Obama for a credit downgrade that was directly caused by the Regressive republican congress holding the full faith and credit of the US hostage by refusing to raise the debt ceiling last year.
- He admonished the President for walking away from the Simpson Bowles commission deficit-cutting recommendations when Ryan himself, a commission member, voted against those recommendations.
- He regurgitated the boring, tired lie claiming President Obama said to small business owners, "you didn't build that," when clearly the President was referring to the infrastructure and the entire American system that allowed free enterprise to exist.
- He referred to the stimulus as "cronyism, corporate welfare at its worst." Fact is the stimulus stopped a second Great Depression, and Lyin' Ryan himself requested and begged for his state's share of that dirty, filthy stimulus money.
No kidding. He really said that. In other words, truth be damned, we'll say what we want. And that's what they've been doing. Read more here.
Mercifully, there's only one more day of this.