Monday, April 18, 2011

Republican Jackass of the Week

The Regressive republicans and Teabaggers constantly claim they're not racist.  We've seen all the racist signs and pictures at their rallies for two years now.  But last week, a little-known rightwinger named Marilyn Davenport from Orange County, California sent out emails with this picture and the caption, "Now you know why no birth certificate."

Calls for this despicable rightwinger to resign have so far been ignored.

The typical non-apology was issued:  "I'm sorry if my email offended anyone, I simply found it amusing regarding the character of Obama and all the questions surrounding his origin of birth. In no way did I even consider the fact he's half black when I sent out the email. In fact, the thought never entered my mind until one or two other people tried to make this about race."

How could it possibly have occurred to her that a black man being compared to an ape is racist?  It's not like that's been done for, say, 300 years in this country.  Right?

Anytime someone refuses to say "I'm sorry for my inappropriate and racist behavior," but instead says they're sorry if my email offended anyone, they are not apologizing at all, but rather putting the blame for the offense on YOU, the viewer.

In other words, "it's not my fault that YOU were offended."

Resign and resign now.

No comments:

Post a Comment