You don't know whether to laugh or laugh at this doddering old man with the sinister, wild imagination. But the people who work with him at his "700 Club" don't find his fleeting sanity amusing.
Their archived video posted on the Christian Broadcasting Network's website was scrubbed of this comment just hours after he made it. Cut. Slashed. Removed. Poof! All gone -- like it never existed.
Other gems from the mouth of Pat include:
- Telling a caller that if your husband's cheating on you, it's probably your fault. "Make yourself as attractive as possible and don't hassle him about it."
- He told another female caller, "Stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well? He's a man, okay?"
- He claimed that the "feminist agenda" is not about equal rights for women. "It's about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft and become lesbians."
- Last month he stated that, besides a "like" button, Facebook should have a "vomit button" for pictures of gays and lesbians kissing.
- He told a man that to get his wife to respect him "as head of the household," that "you could become a Muslim and you could beat her."