Thursday, August 8, 2013

Even Mitch McConnell's Campaign Manager Can't Stand Him

Hilarious!

Caught on tape in a recent phone call, the senior campaign manager for Senator Mitch McConnell (R) of Kentucky, admitted he's not much of a fan of old Mitch.

Senator McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader, famous for stating in 2009 that his number one goal was to make President Obama a one-term president, and for being the chief obstructionist in the Senate, is the lowest-rated senator in the country. That's right -- number 50 out of 50. His approval rating is only 36%, while his disapproval rating is at 54%. That's called being "underwater" in political circles -- the same term used when you owe more on your house than it's worth.

In the phone call to someone at the Reformed Theological Seminary, McConnell's campaign manager Jesse Benton said he's basically just killing time waiting to work on Rand Paul's presidential campaign in 2016.

"Between you and me, I'm sorta holdin' my nose for two years, 'cause what we're doin' here is gonna be a big benefit to Rand in 2016."

Once this embarrassing quote went public, he backtracked big time:

"It is truly sick that someone would record a private phone conversation I had out of kindness and use it to try to hurt me. I believe in Senator McConnell and am 100% committed to his re-election. Being selected to lead his campaign is one of the great honors of my life."

Wow. I think I just got whiplash from that gear change.

No comments:

Post a Comment