But Darrell Issa has had more than his share of arrests and suspicion of criminal activity.
- He was suspected of arson when his car alarm factory burned down just three weeks after he quadrupled his fire insurance, removed computers and software from the building and transferred car alarm designs from a filing cabinet to a fireproof box.
- An old army buddy thought Issa stole his car, and after threatening Issa, the car reappeared the very next day.
- He and his brother were both arrested for stealing a Maserati from a Cleveland showroom.
- He was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in his car.
- He was arrested yet again when his brother sold Darrell's car to a dealer, immediately cashed the $16k check, and then the next day Darrell reported the car as stolen.
- Within 6 months of that arrest, he crashed his truck into another car and left the scene before police arrived. The driver sued Issa for $20k and settled out of court.
More here and here.